Zirconium, element 40 on the Periodic Table of Elements.
Often confused with Zirconia (Cubic Zirconia is the cubic crystalline form of zirconium dioxide (ZrO2)) and is a synthsized product not naturally found in nature.
Zirconium is an extremely durable and resistant element, so much so that it is impervious to all acids, bases, and even nuclear radiation. Beyond tough in its natural silver state it becomes one of the most impervious metals on the planet once blackened. The black oxide coating we create (on some sets) by exposing the raw Zirconium to extreme heat for seriously long periods of time. Once formed its as hard as sapphire and as scratch and corrosion resistant.
This elemental metal is stupid hard to work with and takes more than 10x longer for us to cut and machine. Once finished we must engrave it, and here again, we have to go slow and precise to prevent it from breaking our tooling. Its some seriously bad-ass material.
Also, obtaining raw Zirconium (we use 702 zirconium alloy which consists of: 99.2% pure Zirconium and the remaining 0.8% is made up of trace ammounts of Nitrogen, Niobium, Hafmium, Hydrogen, Carbon, Oxygen and Iron in very small amounts)
This 702 Zirconium is considered the highest and best purity for use as 100% Pure Zirconium is almost impossible to refine and is not produced commercially in any usable quantity.
It takes between 6-8 months to source, transport, machine, process, and finish our Zirconium dice. Which is why they are priced more than most of our premium and even exotic dice.
You can choose between natural silver finish or our custom forge blackened finish... both are awesome. Though we think the black is awesome with a cherry on top.
This is a full 7pc polyhedral set of blackened Zirconium dice. It comes machined, numbered, and etched in our Zucati V1 retail packaging. A ZucatiCorp exclusive.
Exactly as seen.
- Hal Zucati
- Hal Zucati
1 business day
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information